• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Night shooting.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I know I know, in your states using a flash light is taboo but over here perfectly normal.

I was out before sundown wanting a rabbit. My 45 loaded with ball mis fired a couple of times on two easy rabbits, read close! Its been loaded for over a week and I think some oil was in the breech!
I cleaned the nipple and added some prime before refitting.
I then missed two more, just taking hair from them.
I am asking a smoothrifle to do as well as a 22 at the end of the day!

It was fun but I still needed a rabbit so on returning home I ate some and then set out the door into the night with a flashlight.
Still loaded with ball I made a ten yard shot on a hunkered down rabbit.

Should of loaded it with shot, could of been in bed sooner :doh:

B.

Good job, Brits. Things have certainly changed since the olden days. From Thomas Page, The Art of Shooting Flying...

"For the information and satisfaction of my readers, I have here inserted an abstract of the two late Acts of Parliament, viz. That of the 2d. of George III. and that of the 10th. of George III. for the better preservation of the Game, whereby they may the better know the respective Time when they may begin, and when they are to leave of[f] sporting, and also the penalties and punishments of infringing or breaking the above acts."

[clip]

"The late Statute of the 10th George III: for the preservation if the game, enacts, That after the 24th of June, 1770. If any person shall take, kill, or destroy, any hare, pheasant, partridge, moor game, heath game, or grouse in the night, between one hour after sun setting, and one hour before sun rising, or use any gun, dog, snare, net or other engine for taking, killing or destroying any such game in the night as aforesaid, every such person shall for the first offence be committed to goal for any time not exceeding six months nor less than three, and be publickly whipped. And for the second offence to be imprisoned not exceeding twelve months, nor less than six, and be publickly whipped."

Be careful out there in the dark, that the beadles don't get you. :haha: :haha:

Spence

The flash of the camera got me a squinting.

Thanks Spence, a good whipping would do me some good !!

We can take
rabbit, rat and fox. No birds I think, maybe hare.

I rest the gonne on my forearm while the flash light is in hand, tiss a short range affair.

B.

This post reminds me of Rufus Sage writing about hunting roosted turkeys by moonlight. :thumbsup:

Back