• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Nock's Volley Gun

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
That is THE finest fire lock I have ever seen..

Lord god!I would Love to really run her through some paces...But cleaning would be...."fun?"

Thankyou for sharing.

There's one of those for sale right now - a rare opportunity to own a famous gun.
http://www.johnsloughoflondon.co.uk/AntSite/

Of course it'll run you 30,000 puunds - double that for dollars.

I think you done good there, John, and if you ever want to sell it you can sell it for a fraction of the cost of an original and do real well.

Excellent work. Thanks for showing the insides of the lock too. I never would have suspected that it was different.

Im trying to find out what it was Jim Bowie (Richard Widmark) was shooting in the "ALAMO" movie that John Wayne made it looked a lot like this one. Fred :hatsoff:

John, thanks for the pictures of the Lock. I can't make out the sear bar, could you get another picture from a different angle? I just got back to the forum after some time away. Again, thanks.

Yup, seven .50 cal barrels from a common breach, and at 15 grains in each barrel 105 gr. of 3F does pack a wollup.
Several years ago I had the opportunity to fire the gun Kit had built and at 25 yds. the patern opened up about 10 yd. wide!!! Great for clearing an enemy's decks or for repelling boarders.

Shoot Flint
Toomuch

I've seen the parts for those in the TRS catalog and been facinated ever since. The price tag detered me from owning one...never thought to build one and sell it.
I'm glad to see someone nuttier than me and went ahead and built one! :bow: :bow:

Very nice looking. Aside from the lock, was it a difficult build? How were the barrels from TRS?

I'd like to pack one of those and a wall gun like Roy's on my next Elk trip. :shocked2:

Back