• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Norman Newguy...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

decoratorstudio

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Real name is Rick. Was advised to come here by another member on another "board". Glad I did!

Pretty new to this blackpowder stuff. Just a couple, three years or so. Have a TC Hawken with multiple barrels, picked up a couple other percussion guns and a flinter. Still don't quite have the hang of the rocklock--by the time I open my eyes again, the target always moves out of the way!

Since getting into this hobby, I've come to regret not paying more attention in history class. Originally from north-central PA, now in central ohio, or as many call it, Klumbus, Ahia.

Don't shoot nearly as much as I'd like, but then, there are a lot things I don't do nearly as much as I'd like. Since eating is right up there, near the top of my list, I have to spend what seems to me to be a very large part of my daily activities in endeavors chosen by my employer. Sometimes life just doesn't seem fair.

The shooting I do squeeze in is usually at a club in Centerburg, OH. Great guys and I always have a good time, if not a good score.

That's about it, looking forward to reading and learning.

Rick

Welcome Rick, from one Ohio member to another...

I'm up here in Ashtabula county, born and raised in Portage though, been through your area before, on my way to Circleville for the pumpkin fest last October...

Nice country down around Hocking Hills... (there's flint there too.) <<<hint hint>>> :winking:

Ohio's first peoples quarried flint from deposits other than Flint Ridge. Most notable are the Zaleski flint in Vinton and Jackson Counties and the Upper Mercer flint in Coshocton, Hocking, and Perry Counties.

And you have a rock lock... :winking: ::

Right now, I'd be a better quarryman than knapper! Maybe some day...when I figure out how to keep my eyes open.

Welcome to the gathering! I know you will enjoy this site. In fact, it is getting so good, with so many areas of interest it is hard to get thru all of the information.

Any questions you have on any subject, including Rocklocks, feel free to ask even if you think it may have been asked before.

The membership here is growing so fast that when a member asks a qustion which was asked several months before, it is getting new answers. This is good for everyone.

Again, Welcome to you!!!

Welcome to the camp. I'm from N.E. Ahia me own self.
We orta get together with Musketman.
I don't know how musket does it but he can come up with answers to about any question.
Sometimes he actually tells the truth too! :bull: ::

Back