• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

not spring, buti got one!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlie45

32 Cal.
Reaction score
well i said i would be looking for a t/c or lyman .50 or .54 to buy before spring. well its a long time till spring here in vermont but a call to a country gun shop turned up 2 t/c's a .50 amd a .54 remagade. this man likes to trade so i picked up the t/c .54 renagade for a simple swap of my ruger 10/22 that i din't like anyways.
i had to wait till today to try it, snow storm yesterday.
75 gr. goex fffg remington .530 rb with t/c lubed .015 patch. #1 windage right on but 6" high,#2 5.5 high still centered, #3 5.5 high 1.5 to the right, it hink it was the shooter i was getting very excited. i think i'am in love with this rifle already.
i had to give up due to the cold but tomorrow is saterday and i'll try to put 20 load through it. you can bet i'll pick up some hamd warmers on the way to the range.
i had forgotten how much i enjoyed bp. now i've got over a month to get ready for the next postal shoot.
question! my t/c renagade is ser# 257xxx anyone know what year it was manfactured?

keep her smoken! :eek:

Wow...good trade. You can always pick up a single shot .22 for dirt cheap, if the Ruger was your only one. (it would be kind of un-American not to have a .22RF around!)

Congrats...good score!

Rat

thanks rat!
i have two more .22rf's, my first single shot and a cz american varmit. but you are right it would be unamerican.
getting ready right now to brave the cold and make more smoke. :eek:

From the number of digits in the serial number it is not all that old of a rifle. Does it have a set trigger? If it only has the one trigger then it is a Renegade Hunter model. You could always call Thompson Center Arms and they could tell you.

I think you made a great trade. I had one of them Ruger 10/22 rifles myself (Christmas Present) and never cared for the way it shot. I traded mine off also. Since I have several very old .22 rifles it was no loss... :winking:

I have two of them Renegades, they are one of my favorite rifles to shoot. Good luck shooting.

my renagade is not the hunter model, it is 1 in 48 twist and not drilled & tapped for scope mounts.
i got to try it some more this morning, if it keeps shooting like this i'll be one happy camper.
well i guess i'll have to read about posting pictures, i was going to show mine from this morning. anyhow its working well.

Good job Charlie45 and congrats. Enjoy your new toy!

I have a 10/22 with a cool folding stock and two 30round mags I will gladly trade for a cool .54 flinter, left handed. :: Anyone... ?

Jeff

about the only way i ever saw a 10/22 shoot good was after you replaced everything but the action :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:
my old glenfield will put 10 shots in a quarter at 100yds off the bench(i aught to change my name to Mikeie,i'll shoot anything :shocking: :crackup: :crackup:
to get back on topic sounds like you made a good trade ,i just wish i had more time to get my flinters shooting that good .maybe a full body cast will help me hold better off hand :what: :p :blah: :thumbsup: :crackup:

Latest posts

Back