• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Not that far off!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

longcruise

70 Cal.
Reaction score
Well, if it weren't for Britsmoothy this forum would be dead!

Big game is coming up fast here in CO! How about the rest of the country?

Who is doing something all different this year?

I for one plan to carry a .50 this year since ML elk is not on the menu this year. The .54 will probably feel left out in the backup role!

Also thinking of taking the seal-a-meal along so as to be able to handle the deer without rushing them home in case of hot weather. Can still buy an over the counter cow elk archery tag, so packing the deer in camp would allow staying in the hills for a few extra days!

Not that far off??? Are you daft? It's over 2 mos. for early bow most everywhere and it's over 2 1/2 mos. for me. Try not eating for 2 1/2 mos., or holding your breath for that long.

Not far off? It's driving me crazy. :youcrazy:

Not daft, just loaded with anticipation!

Only two months to bow season! And only 78 days to ML season!

come on, let's get excited!

Gettin' itchy? I've always had a bug at least 2 months before season. Right now I'm trying to decide how to get an over-the-counter elk license for the late rifle season. Doc says I still can't shoot, but I will be able to by November.
Shoulder is healing nicely, and I am always fighting myself over the temptation to do too much. Good thing I have a naggy wife.
Good Luck!!!

Archery season isn't for another 3 months in Illinois. Need to get practicing. Muzzleloader season isn't until December. I prefer the cold and snow, but people are building homes too close to where I hunt and limits where I can stand. And I lost my touch. Went a few years with getting a deer with a muzzleloader, but last year I didn't bring home the meat no-how. I got little too fussy and passed up on a few deer until the season was over.

3 months till deer season here. Just put in for a point this year for Elk. We are having a drought here . I expect the Blue Tongue will hit in a month or so if it stays dry. That will mean most of the last remaining Deer will die. :( I may go over to southern Ohio and hunt a bit this year. I think it comes in sooner there. At least the Coyotes are fewer. Larry

Small game doesn't open till around Oct 1st, and we have to wait till around Nov. 18 for gun season on deer. Don't know when archery deer is. Sometime in October I think.

That's right! Archery here in Bama is usually mid to late October. We don't get to pull the guns out until late November.

Our deer season opens August 1 and runs through the end of the year. There's a special primitive weapon season the first couple of weeks of November, but if I don't want to wait I can hunt the general season.

Lots other seasons opening later in August and September, but I have no plans for moose, boo or bear this year. Snowshoe hare is open year round, but the brush is just too thick for hunting until November or so. Ptarmigan season opens mid-August and runs through April. In truth I'm looking forward to that more than deer.

I too tend to get more excited about small game as the years add up. My ml deer hunt this year will not be including any major hill climbs or long hikes. Might even bone it out on the spot if I'm alone

We're months away from Texas gun season for deer. This year I'm hunting deer, coyotes and pigs exclusively with my 50 caliber TC New Englander. One of my 1858's will be going along for smaller critters and targets of opportunity.

Back