• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Now forbidden to send (empty of course) replica powder flask from UK to USA

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bpalbee

32 Cal
Reaction score
FYI Just thought I would post this for those in the US planning to planning to purchase muzzleloading accessories from the UK:

Last month I ordered a replica bag flask from a larger antique dealer in the UK. They tried to send it to me via Royal Mail. It sat at the "National Return Centre" for 3 weeks as "Suspected Dangerous or Prohibited Items.". It was just sent back to the dealer, thankfully not destroyed and I was refunded. Vendor instructed me they are not licensed to export "firearm accessories" to the USA and apparently the authorities now consider a bag flask to be a dangerous item that cannot be shipped to the US.

That is a personal canteen, not a powder flask.
I think vendors would be wise to avoid any description that mentions connection to weaponry. I was sad because it was an unmarked '70s replica of a Dixon Colt's Navy flask and it's the last think I needed for my '70s Uberti 1861 cased set I'm assembling and the price was fair. These overzealous safety police are going to be the death of me

If you like you could get the item posted to my folks back in the UK. Next time I am over there, I could collect it, take it back with me and post it from France, where there are no such restrictions. You might have to wait two or three months but it would solve the problem. If this sounds like a plan, PM me.

There's always a way around "STUPID" regulations.
If you want something and don't mind paying for it???
Wanted a gizzmo that couldn't be shipped to the U.S from Canada, eah?
It's a hard plastic BRIGHT YELLOW thing that fits "inside" your rain gutters so when a ladder is leaned against the gutter, they can't be crushed.
Looked high and low, even got one 'in cart" ready to pay. Get a notice "Not shipped to the U.S??? Again, if you want something bad enough and don't mind paying, it CAN be done!!
Went looking for a forum member in Canada. Asked if anybody was into a "shopping trip" for me? Found MY shopper!! :thumb:
Looked at which store (in Canada) had them in stock and how close he was to it? We're only talking about $50.00 Canadian. Found one store about 20/30 miles from his home so, He and his wife went shopping for me. Got it and he shipped IT to me.
I made sure he was WELL COMPENSATED. Enough to cover all shipping costs, running around time and enough extra $$$ to take his wife out for a NICE DINNER!!
Like I said, if you don't mind paying, you CAN get what you want!
The funny thing is, this gizzmo in MADE IN CHINA, sent to Canada but NOT shipped to the U.S. from Canada? Maybe something to do with tariffs or taxes?
For me, no passport, not knowing where I need to go to get what I wanted, either a long road trip or flight, have to lay over. BIG $$$$$!!
How bout hire a shopper to get you what you want. And I said THANK YOU more than once.
The outfit that installed my "new roof and gutters" used one of these gizzomos, saw it in use. Not sure where they got or how long they had but HAD to have one. No more crushed gutters!! ;);)Did check a few local outfits. The gizzmo WAS listed in one year old catalog but no longer available. Patience IS a virtue. :)

Last edited:
That is a personal canteen, not a powder flask.
What about someone (forum member) that lives in the UK, buying one and shipping it to our Guy? ;) Not coming from a Company that IS restricted?
Like I mentioned, how bad do you want it? ($$$$)
Funny that when I was looking for a "personal shopper" to get my gizzmo, a lot of folks on this forum got all up tight about it. (see post #6) But, but, but.....Reminds me of Lemmings heading over a cliff OR sheep to the slaughter.
My gizzmo? A not too large piece of BRIGHT LELLOW plastic, sure to cause an International Incident??:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited:
If you like you could get the item posted to my folks back in the UK. Next time I am over there, I could collect it, take it back with me and post it from France, where there are no such restrictions. You might have to wait two or three months but it would solve the problem. If this sounds like a plan, PM me.
I'm interested, PM incoming

Back