• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Nubie

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nmpyle

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Gentlemen and Ladyhawks. I am happy to be part of your group. I am a hunter and a Soldier but new to the world of muzzleloaders. I recently moved to Fairbanks Alaska from Kansas, and before I left an old timer gave me a beautiful Jonathan Browning Mountain Rifle, .50 cal and told me it belonged in the woods and not on his wall, and to kill something in Alaska with it. I fully intend to make that happen! I have many questions that I will post in a different section but for now let me say thanks to the traditionalists who keep the spirit and romanticism alive for the younger generation to follow. Being an Infantryman I have all the latest and greatest stuff which I am usually thankful for while roaming the mountains of Afghanistan. But nothing makes me happier when hunting to have a single shot and a bag full of possibles hanging around my neck.
-POE

Welcome to the forum! What a great friend to give you that rifle! I'm sure you will put it to good use. And thanks for your service.

Welcome to the Forum but more importantly welcome home and thank you for your service. That Browning Mountain rifle is a great gift and I hope you have good luck with it.

Jeff

:thumbsup: Good to have you here.Keep us posted on your adventures in Alaska.Griz

Welcome to the forum, it is a great site and we can all learn alot on here. I also so was stationed in Fairbanks and loved it, hope you can keep me up to date on what you find. Enjoy!

As an old soldier to a young un,welcome and thank you for carrying the banner both as a serviceman and as a beliver in the old ways. :applause: Bentchile

Thank you for your service to our country. You found the best forum on the planet, pull up a stump and join in!

Welcome to Fairbanks. There are quite a few like minded folks up here, and we're usually quite agreeable. You'll find most of 'em with the Midnight Sun Muzzleloaders and more with the Coalition of Historical Trekkers. Again, welcome to town, and if you get cold, you're welcome to pull up a log to my fire.

Welcome to the MLF and glad you made it to camp! There are lots of friendly knowlegable folks in camp willing to share a lifetime of experience. Thank you for you service to our great country and glad to hear the BP bug has bitten another.

As someone else said, welcome to the dark side.
And welcome home, thanks for your service. I remember what it was like to come home where everyone spoke english. :grin:

Welcome from one soldier to another keeping the olde ways alive. You'll find a wealth of knowledge here. So have a seat, fill yer tin cup as the coffees finished boiling.

Back