• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Number 28 ..... so far this year!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My horn journal states that this is the 28th powder that I made, so far in 2014. Guess this old poop is keeping busy at my Horn Bench!

This horn is about 13 1/2 inches around the outside curve and 2 1/2 inches across it's base plug. Heavily carved throat/spout area with chip engrailing. __ I hand engraved some Dogwood blooms and leaves on the outward side and a busy Hummingbird with a flower on the reverse side along with some old style cathedral border engraving. I colored the main body of the horn an old amber antique color and the throat area dark brown.

Thanks for looking at another one of my horns,
Rick

Well, now yer just showin' off!

but seriously, beautiful work as always. thanks for sharin' & have a good'en, bubba :hatsoff: .

My wife asked last week if you had been working lately.

Soon as she saw the flowers she said they are dog wood flowers and then on the other side the hummingbird. She has a strong liking for hummingbirds and feeds them starting in April until they leave in September.

Nice work, you have talent.

I suppose the answer to this question is based upon the individual horn, but could the dying of the horn by done as to leave the dogwood blossoms white?

Yes, but you would need to use a very white area horn and leave that area the natural color of the horn for the Dogwoods. The other way would be to polychrome (color ink white) the flower. I have gone it both ways with good results.

Rick

My mouth is watering!! Lordy how I wish I could afford one of your horns. Somehow mortgage payments, food, medicine, utility bills, etc. seem to eat up all of my funds. :idunno: Bein' Po'Folks ain't as much fun as it sounds. :td: But, The Lord blesses me an many other ways. :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back