• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

NW Trade Gun

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thought I'd post some pics of a trade gun I just completed.
Pecatonica supplied it.
I went with a Chambers Virginia rather than the L&R Queen Anne like I had on my first trade gun.
They didn't have butt plates in stock, well nobody does I guess ...so I made one from sheet brass and nailed it on.
Also used smooth thimbles rather than the banded ones.
I also have a YouTube video of the build.

beautiful job

Nice job , I kike the nailed butt plate , are they horseshoe nails? I'd guess they were back in the day . Did you seal the end grain before you nailed the plate on ? it makes a difference in the rain .
you would find something wrong with Michaelangelo's Pietta lol

Nice job Brian! Looks like you got a new gun to chase 🦃 turkeys with. I might have missed it somewhere, but what caliber is it?
.62/20 guage

Loads a .595 ball with .015 pillow ticking nicely, can push it in with my thumb, its tough but doable.

@
you would find something wrong with Michaelangelo's Pietta lol
Not fault finding . 2 things , I have a stack of horse shoe nails and the ends look the same , just wondering for future reference , also I have seen any number of firearms with cracked butts where water has wicked its way in under the butt plate into unsealed end grain , also the Pietta was attacked by someone with a hammer some years ago which is why it is surrounded by armored glass

@

Not fault finding . 2 things , I have a stack of horse shoe nails and the ends look the same , just wondering for future reference , also I have seen any number of firearms with cracked butts where water has wicked its way in under the butt plate into unsealed end grain , also the Pietta was attacked by someone with a hammer some years ago which is why it is surrounded by armored glass
I saw the Pietta at the worlds fair in NYC in 1964. I was a young chillin in a catholic school in Bklyn ny. went on a school trip. they had to have the floor moving cause a lot of people were frozen in place seeing it. you could see the veins on their hands carved in the marble . old Italian ladies would pass out and be carried out. to think a human could so that is unimaginable. it was behind bullet proof glass

Back