• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Octagon, to 16 Flats, to Wedding Band, then Round....

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whoever writes it, don't forget to say "this is a really, really cool lookin' piece, man." Because, after all, it IS! The last few pix showed off the gun nicely. You know we're all strung out gun pix junkies looking for that angry fix - give it to us!

Gizamo, I just came across your 7/23/10 "Octagon, to 16 Flats, to Wedding Band, then Round...." post. What a nice gun. And, great quality photos, too. Would it be too much to ask for some pictures of the lock area on both sides? Looks like it has a patent breech. Is it hooked or solid? I'd also like to see some under rib detail at the muzzle and a little more forward of the entry pipe than the photo you posted shows. Also, is the nose cap poured or a folded sheet?

I've got a shotgun that I was preparing to use as a subject for a build, but your's has me reconsidering. Mine's a back action with a patent breech, and an under rib too, but that's about where the similarities end. Yours is far more elegant.

Jack

"What are you doing to promote the hobby..other than taking jabs at the folks you rely on to do your research for you?"

J.D.

I took - and I believe correctly - Giz's post to be friendly teasing and not mean spirited. I took yours to be decidedly different.

I for one, thoroughly enjoyed the photos and the information gleaned.

Dan

Latest posts

Back