• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

FOR SALE Old 28 gauge “Monkey Gun” Smoothbore

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I traded into this old gun a while back. I had intentions of shooting it a little, but I’ve never gotten around to picking up the needed supplies.

I don’t know much about this gun, and have done my best to photo its flaws. Lock feels strong, the cock has a chip out of it. A few dings and dents, and the finish is worn to more satin than gloss.

The gun is very light, and the ramrod is designed to go through the stock. From what I have learned, this was likely made in Portugal for sale in South America to be used on monkeys and for collecting bird samples. These were often trade guns for South Americans. It has a 32 1/2 barrel.

The bore isn’t great, but I would feel comfortable shooting light loads in it (which is what I believe these guns were meant for). I cannot vouch for its safety or function.

I would like to get $200 shipped for this old gun. Please let me know if you have any questions or would like additional photos.

Attachments

• IMG_6405.jpeg
    IMG_6405.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_6406.jpeg
    IMG_6406.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6407.jpeg
    IMG_6407.jpeg
    5.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6408.jpeg
    IMG_6408.jpeg