• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

old coach gun

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vn800b

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Hi all i have a
flintock coach gun that I am trying to id. The mark on it is a honey bee with a G on the left wing and an L on the right any ideas i would like to find out the value thanks. Artie

To get a very meaningful answer, you will need to post a bunch of good photos in the firearms research sub forum. The more there is to work with, the better the answers you will get.

All I could add without pic's is that it will be belgium made from the mark you described.

Bill

untitled3.png

Trade Rifle of sorts. Not sure of the vintage, but looks newer...Any info on price, where found, provenance????

Any other pic of the muzzle end and the stock furniture?? Looking to sell? Just bought? anymore info???

George Laloux "Trade gun" in made Liege, Belgium around the turn of the century for Belgian African colonies. The Colonial overlords did not want to trust the "Kafirs" with real modern rifles so provided the natives with flintlock smoothbores for hunting and protection. Stoger sold these guns in their catalog in the late 50s. Dixie Gunworks bought out the left-over parts and stock in the early 70s

curator said:
George Laloux "Trade gun" in made Liege, Belgium around the turn of the century for Belgian African colonies. The Colonial overlords did not want to trust the "Kafirs" with real modern rifles so provided the natives with flintlock smoothbores for hunting and protection. Stoger sold these guns in their catalog in the late 50s. Dixie Gunworks bought out the left-over parts and stock in the early 70s

Yep, exactly.

Back