• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Old/New Guy

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KHickam

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Hey All; I have decided to come back to an old/new hobby - primitive firearms - but I need to start up again and I need all the help I can get - it is hard to find a good authentic gun that I can justify as a start up gun again. In the past I owned Brown Bess, Tulle and a Grand Rifle as well as a Tennessee Mt Rifle - hard to find anything like those guns now. Any help is appreciated.

Having just moved into TX from MT I am a real newbie.

I am 41 now and I was big into muzzleloaders from the time I was in high school until about 12 yrs ago - now I want to get back into it and try my hand again.

Howdy! :hatsoff: Welcome to the Forum.
Tons of great info. and friendly folks here.
Just post any questions you might have on the appropriate forum and I'm sure you'll get many good answers.

KHickam,
Welcome to the MLF and especially back to
muzzleloading.Visit often and contribute when you can.
I am snake-eyes:hatsoff:

Welcome aboard.

You've been in it long enough to know that there's lots of good firearms out there, both factory and hand-made.

I'm partial to my home-made pieces, but I've got a few factory-made weapons that I enjoy shooting.

Welcome The Great Plains Riffle is a good place to start. It's not to P.C. but if economy and a good shooting riffle is what your looking for that it . Regards Fisher King.

Latest posts

Back