• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

One can always rely on a trusty flintlock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Being a grandpa! Demands from granddaughter and grandma severely restrict hitting the woods.

Thankfully one can always rely on a trusty flintlock to get game in when time is short! :applause:

By the way, this gun was used last weekend and cleaned not, just kept dry. Shooting with olive oil keeps it all good :thumbsup:

B.

Hi.
I soak thin leather wads and any fibre wads in it.
I load a thin card plus a thin leather plus a thin card on the powder making a lube cookie.
The wet fibre wad goes on top of the shot.

B.

That's a nice mixed bag of game there. Well done. :thumbsup:
It would seem that you are finding a good balance between the Grandfather duties as well as keeping the dog busy and happy.

Gorgeous granddaughter and huge pigeons, what more could you ask for?

My 11 year old granddaughter goes hunting with me at least 3x/year. She killed a small spike with her muzzleloader when she was 9.
Enjoy the ride!

Patocazador said:
Gorgeous granddaughter and huge pigeons, what more could you ask for?

My 11 year old granddaughter goes hunting with me at least 3x/year. She killed a small spike with her muzzleloader when she was 9.
Enjoy the ride!
Amazing :thumbsup:

B.

Always love your post, nice day for you. Hope you have many more like it.

Deputy Dog said:
Were the pigeons and the squirrels in the same tree?

One shot and all them critters fell outta the tree! :rotf:

Looks like they landed right there too, that's why the dog is looking like he has nothing to do, cause he doesn't! All he had to do was pose for the camera! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Back