• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Onion skin paper

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eaglesnester

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Found some true 9lb onion skin paper at the Paper Mill on the net. 24 bucks for 500 8X10 sheets. Looks like I will be paper patching some Great Plains bullets. True onion skin paper like the old days of Air Mail paper is very hard to find. Could not find it anywhere up here in B.C. Canada.

eaglesnester said:
Found some true 9lb onion skin paper at the Paper Mill on the net. 24 bucks for 500 8X10 sheets. Looks like I will be paper patching some Great Plains bullets. True onion skin paper like the old days of Air Mail paper is very hard to find. Could not find it anywhere up here in B.C. Canada.

That paper is wood pulp onion skin. I bought a ream from them several years ago that was 25% cotton. I also have a couple tablets of the Air Mail paper that I have been using that works well. I do have some of the wood pulp paper. I wrap some bullets for a couple friends with it. It shows to be as accurate as the cotton. If your going to wrap Hornady Great Plains bullets you're going to have to size them to get them down the pipe.

Back