• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Opening Day Muzzleloader ??

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Swamp Rat said:
Argh! Looks like maybe a morning hunt tomorrow but heavy winds and rain commin my way from that tropical storm. :(
It was passing our costline today and still caused 30+ mph here 150 miles inland...but the bulk of it is above NC now and trailing winds are back down to 7-8 mph, so we should be fine here.

You'll probably score in the morning so you'll be OK tomorrow :grin:

Opener here tomorrow so i`ll be heading out with the new Pedisoli 54.
Good luck on your hunt. :thumbsup:

Well, Good Luck.
I still have over a month to wait. Maybe we'll have some snow by then.

Good luck Pitchy. :thumbsup:

Looks like I should get the morning in and it is fast moving so I should be ok for Sunday.

You guys can't hunt sundays? Damn I used to bow hunt Conn back in the 80's, forgot you can't. But you can use centerfire rifles on private property, we can't.

bucktales said:
Well, Good Luck.
I still have over a month to wait. Maybe we'll have some snow by then.

That's tough having to wait another month...do you have small game hunting you can do before deer season?

I'd like to have a chance to hunt with snow on the ground here...problem here is the rare annual event or two that we get are freak storms like an inch of freezing rain & sleet on everything which imobilizes everything for 2-3 days, or a 10"-20" deep snowstorm with the same result...wrecks everywhere, roads are clogged/closed and I couldn't get through the 60 mile round trip to hunt if I wanted to.

Small game/ upland opened here 2 weeks ago, but the weather on the last couple Saturdays (tommorow's storm included) aint been great. The pups want some pheasants. :shocked2:
I've hunted Vermont for 25 yrs , North central Pa as well and late season here, so snow is a bonus we sometimes take for granted.
I'll be heading out to Pa. Dec. 1st for the 2nd week of regular season (nobody around in week 2) and when I get back it's a full week ML here in Ct.
After pheasant closes here in mid-Jan.,I fool around with coyotes until snow melt. Then it's trout, turkeys,and striped bass when the boat's in the water.
Vicious Cycle , Huh? :rotf:

Our season will open tomorrow!
Rut is in full swing, and a strong chance of rain in the forecast. Perfect weather for Blacktails.

Back