• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Opinions on age of this Shooting Bag?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Claude - there are special feet that can be used for sewing edges and hardware that can get close, but yep that sewing in the second image is closer to the O-rings than I would or could do with a machine...

BillinOregon said:
...I was going to mention coyote fur, but if the bag is indeed German, that's out.
There's always German Shephard! :grin:

Seriously though, there is nothing that says coyote hides couldn't have been sent to Germany....unlikely as it may be.....after all, tons of beaver pelts crossed the Atlantic.

Enjoy, J.D.

BillinOregon said:
Fascinating bag, and a fine analysis Chuck. I was going to mention coyote fur, but if the bag is indeed German, that's out.

I would second the coyote fur. I just had a hat made and appears to be virtually identical. My coyote was harvested up north last winter.

Great pics, really like the bag.

We got to Germany because that is the most likely origin of this bag....

Coyote and badger can be very similar in color and pattern but coyote outer fur is not as coarse as this looks to be where as badger is....but yep no reason coyote fur could not have been exported...

For the uneducated,,me what leads one to believe this bag could be of German origin..
Just asking for my own education,is it stitching,style,fur,d rings???

Sperit de bois said:
For the uneducated,,me what leads one to believe this bag could be of German origin.
I think it's quite obvious from this photo. :wink:

ShootingBagFun.jpg

Looks like a badger hair shavin brush to me.And man it is one way cool bag..

Latest posts

Back