• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Ordered Wheeler vise-great price!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TinStar

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I just placed an order from Midway for a Wheeler Patternmakers vise. It's now on closeout for $42.44 if anyone is looking for a new vise.

TinStar
Soli Deo Gloria!

Just ordered one, TinStar. Thanks for the tip.

Must be heavy. They wanted over $20 to ship.
Bob

I was thinking about getting another parrot vise, BUT im thinking this would be the cats meow, for some stuff.

Yup, I bought one too ...

577167.jpg

Because of the rotating jaws, you can hold work pieces that may not have parallel sides. This is very useful to have when working on gunstocks, and gun parts. If the workpiece does have parallel sides,(like a gunstock blank, or 2 x 4) the two jaws close and hold it just as like a vise with the jaws locked square to each other, and incapable of rotating.

Much better for horn work than a vise with parallel jaws, and the entire head swivels. Also, you can shape the wooden cheeks to better hold rounded objects.
The casting on the Midway model appears considerably rougher than that of the one I'm using, but if the action is smooth and tight, it's a great deal.
Longshot

Back