• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

original ITX non toxi? or non toxi sub?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AkDan

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Thoughts on this out of a double pedersoli or an older non chrome lined double?

Ran into the problem of no nice shot at precision last year when I tried ordering. I'd like to find a different sub that's not steel. I've had poor performance with copper coated steel bb's. Cheap it is, but patterns and killing geese didn't go so well.

Nice shot patterned crazy good out of my pedersoli.

A lot of knowledgeable people that own older (19th-century guns, cartridge and percussion use Bismuth-tin. It's what I go to when my Nice-Shot runs out. It acts like lead and kills much better than steel. When it first came out there were some problems with pellets shattering on contact, but that seems to have been much reduced through refinement of the manufacturing technique

I have a newer (chrome lined) pedersoli 20ga double that I use ITX in. I do use plastic wads just to be safe. When I contacted the company they said to use them with steel. I like ITX much better than steel. If I do my part it's a one shot deal. I hated steel even in my modern guns. I do all my duck hunting over decoys and limit my shot range but the stuff works.

Back