• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

PA black powder source?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barebackjack

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I have a buddy who is looking for a BP source in PA,....I believe Corry, PA.

I told him of powdersinc. but he doesnt want to buy a large quantity.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as if he cant find it, he may go modern! :cursing: :shocked2: :shake:

Thanks

Should not be too bad locating BP in Pa. I was in Potter Co. last month and found a few places that had it. I think Corry is further west near the lake.
Maybe someone from Erie County knows.

Gander Mountain at the Millcreek Mall had it. Don't know if they still carry it or not. That was a year ago when I bought some there. There's a little sporting store over in Edinboro that still might have it too. He should be able to call either one of these two places. He should be able to get the phone numbers oughta the Erie phone book.
The last time I bought was from Powderinc and that was a 25 pound order.

snagg

barebackjack said:
I have a buddy who is looking for a BP source in PA,....I believe Corry, PA.

I told him of powdersinc. but he doesnt want to buy a large quantity.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as if he cant find it, he may go modern! :cursing: :shocked2: :shake:
There's a Goex Distributor in Moscow, PA

There are a few in southwestern Pa in Butler County. Send me a PM if interested and I will get you names and phone numbers.

If you are ever in the northeast part of the state, let me know and I can give you several local shops that sell BP at reasonable prices. All usually have 2f, 3f and 4f in stock.

If you check the links for Goex, and go to the webpage, you will find a map of the USA, and the names and phone numbers or email addresses for all the distributors. Find the one for Pennsylvania, and either call them, or email them. They can tell you the nearest retail dealer, or find a way to get you the powder you want. Its not worth the trip to buy only one pound of powder. If you can't justify 25 lbs. find a few friends and relatives to go into together to pay for a case, and get the best price, shipped to your own door. Everyone is in the same boat, because of the Homeland Security Regulations on storing Black Powder.

Ya, a 5# order from powderinc will run ya about $20 a pound with the hazmat, versus about $11 a pound over 25 lbs.

01-08-08 02:21 PM - Post#514513

Gander Mountain at the Millcreek Mall had it. Don't know if they still carry it or not. That was a year ago when I bought some there. There's a little sporting store over in Edinboro that still might have it too. He should be able to call either one of these two places. He should be able to get the phone numbers oughta the Erie phone book.
The last time I bought was from Powderinc and that was a 25 pound order.

snagg The store in Edinboro is call the Edinboro Sportsman. Great store and freindly people. I use to give them all my business when I lived in Albion.

I am not sure where Corry, Pa is, but Fort Chambers in Chambersburg, Pa has it. They are just off Interstate 81. They have a website, and ou can google them to get their hours and phone number.

Waxhaw,
That does ring a bell now that you mention it. I've been in there a few times over the years, but I'm over here in Wattsburg and don't get over that way too much anymore. You're right about it being a nice store and good folks.
Albion, good huntin over that way. I got some friends that hunt that area and they seem to do real fine on the deer.

Frank,
Corry is kinda in the southeast corner of Erie County.

Back