• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

PA Pellet Flintlock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert Egler

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Can some explain how the PA pellet flintlock works differently from a traditional flintlock? :hmm: I haven't seen one in person, but they look the same in photographs, and I can't think of how you would change a flintlock so it worked with pellets.

Go to the T/C website they have a presentation to look at. It's in how the breech is designed as a cone.

the pa pellet breech plug is hollow, the plug looks like a large hollowed out bolt,it has a small hole on the side of it that when screwed all the way in lines up with the vent hole ,and the liner screws into that side hole creating your channel for the pan fire to go through.I never could get pellets to work reliably,what else do you want to know?

I think the idea is that it prevents a pellet from totally obstructing the vent and exposes a larger surface of the pellet to the pan flash. Like several other T/C ideas it doesn't work very well. I have a T/C Scout taken in trade which is so unreliable I won't even sell it but just keep it as a memento of stupidity. :haha:

Didn't someone recently manufacture a pellet with a layer of real black on the bottom end for lighting with a flash from the pan? :shake: :shocked2: :youcrazy: :surrender: :blah:
volatpluvia

I think that all powder pellets are already made with a coating of real black powder on the ends to facilitate ignition.
Of course, it is mixed with something to make it a solid and to stick to the psudo-powder so it isn't as good at lighting as loose black powder is.

zonie :)

We sell all the different pellets at our shop and only the pyrodex pellets are coated with black powder currently. None of our customers have had any luck with them in flintlocks. Stick with the real thing (black powder) for the flinters.

Latest posts

Back