• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

pair of early Lancasters

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Views of my early Lancaster rifles (both .54, one with a Getz 42" and the other with a Rice 44"), both with Chambers locks and hardware (except for the brass box on one).
LancRs004.jpg

LancRs001.jpg

:nono: You better send those pretty guns over to me in GA so I can take them hunting and make sure they are safe for you to use!!! :bow: :haha: :thumbsup:

:bull: Them guns should be safty checked in Michigan by me. We have more vaired weather ! :v

Them ol'e clatch guns would be better up here in Canada, where we would treat them with "respect"!
I'll send ya a couple a modern "Cooey" 22's which you can buy ammo for!
NICE GUNS!
( slippery & smooth ) Old Ford

Mike Brooks said:
Those are great, who built them?

The top one was mostly built by a buddy of mine (and I did some of the work) named John Colvin. The lower one was built by Larry Curnow.

Blizzard of '93 said:
Wow, impressive. They are beautiful, how do they shoot?

The top one shoots real good. I have not been to the range with the lower one yet, but I am told that it shoots good (the builder sighted it in).

Mike both good looking guns. I like the wood patchbox. Its the first one I've seen that was made with the stripes matching the stripes on the stock. I think I asked that question once and never got and answer. That just looks right beautiful work.
Fox :hatsoff:

i will volunteer to be the gunbearer on your hunts :bow: ...just make sure you keep an eye on me though...you might look to the left and i might get lost on the right! :grin:

He Mike, how many German Beer do you want for the One with the Wooden Patchbox? :hmm:

44" Rice barrel?When i remember correctly you are not one of the tall guys? :v

They look great. :bow: :bow:
:hatsoff:

undertaker said:
He Mike, how many German Beer do you want for the One with the Wooden Patchbox? :hmm:

44" Rice barrel?When i remember correctly you are not one of the tall guys? :v

They look great. :bow: :bow:
:hatsoff:

You have a good memory--I have to stand on my tiptoes to load her! :haha:

They both are very fine looking pieces that anyone who appriciates longrifles would be proud to have . :thumbsup:

Both beautiful Longuns Mike!
I prefer the bottom one as my Favorite.The wooden Patchbox is my favorite plus the wood on that one seem a bit nicer than the top one. :v

i like the bottom one also,it has a longer reach to trigger,have too long a arms,[so if you decide to send me one the bottom would fit better] :bull: JUST MY 2 CENTS :bull:

Both look great but I also favor the bottom one. Do you know what finish was used on it?

Latest posts

Back