• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

pair of early Lancasters

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hank in WV said:
Both look great but I also favor the bottom one. Do you know what finish was used on it?

No, I do not. I suspect it was one of the Chambers stains/finishes. It is very red in person.

Mike - I bet you get some stares when you show up at Ft Jean Bapiste with a Lancaster rifle :v :grin:

Slobber...Slobber!!! Neeeice! I`ve heard that due to the wide Butt plate on the Lancaster they are easy on the shoulder, recoil wise.

KHickam said:
Mike - I bet you get some stares when you show up at Ft Jean Bapiste with a Lancaster rifle :v :grin:

Not too many years ago a few folks did, but then they went to strict historic interpretation of the French period. We lost alot of the ALRA folks then. I carry a Tulle fusil at the post.

Speaking of Tulle fusil de chasse. I got to shoot one here in TX a couple days ago - remembered why I liked them so darned much. A pity I can't own any for my impression - they are very sweet. :thumbsup:

Back