• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Paper cartridges

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shortstart

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello to all. I need to make up about a hundred paper cartridges for an upcoming reenactment. Does anyone have a quicker way to make them than rolling them one at a time.

I've heard some ppl using pre-rolled coin wrappers from Walmart, but I haven't tried it....I still like rolling them myself....it does get faster the more you roll them, just get a system and roll like 10 or 15 a night for a week or so and you are done...that way you are not rolling them all at once and get bored with it.

Thanks Ranger. But, I would think that tearing a coin wrapper with your teeth might be a little rough on the choppers. You're probably right though. A few at a time.

get a long dowel and a roll of whatever paper, white butcher or brown and roll it long and skinny. Then cut them as long as needed for blanks.

I'm rolling for Niagara right now and I'll prolly take 200+ with me and the fixings for another 100 if need be....prolly wont come close to using that many, but you never know....3 days of multiple battles and demos....but thats what I normally do, I have a cartridge block that holds 18 and I'll roll that many a night for a couple weeks before an event instead of sitting down and rolling 200 the night before I leave...18 takes me about 10 minutes or so to load so it's not much time outta my life! And sometimes I'll do more in one sitting, but I just get bored to quick to do a lot at once....

Last edited by a moderator:
Back