• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

'Pappy' Suffolk pistol

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mhb

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Many years ago, I was fortunate to meet Claude 'Pappy' Suffolk, who built some of the nicest and most authentic ML arms I've seen. Since that time, I've taken every opportunity offered to acquire examples of his work: 2 full-stocked flint .54 plains rifles (one signed by him), a revolutionary officer's-style 20 bore smooth flint pistol with cherrywood stock and belt clip, also signed, A very ornate (for Pappy's work) .45 flint pistol, signed, and the latest, a .45 percussion pistol which I would have called a traveler's or belt pistol, but which my friend Bill Mapoles says looks to him like a later fur trade period trapper's pistol, also with a belt clip, and this one, too, is signed by Pappy. This latest pistol is flawlessly executed in every respect, and I'd like to share some photos for review and discussion. All comments appreciated.

mhb - MIke

Attachments

• DSC01483.JPG
    DSC01483.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 4
  • DSC01484.JPG
    DSC01484.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • DSC01485.JPG
    DSC01485.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • DSC01486.JPG