• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

billiard cannon and lead pool balls

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The cannon at my friend's gun cub shoots tennis balls. It's a breach loader, and they have boxes of these premade charges that look like a monkey's fist with a fuse sticking out of it. Never seen anything like it. They're labeled "Grose Kanonenladungen". I think it's more of a signal cannon and not made to shoot heavy projectiles.

The cannon at my friend's gun cub shoots tennis balls. It's a breach loader, and they have boxes of these premade charges that look like a monkey's fist with a fuse sticking out of it. Never seen anything like it. They're labeled "Grose Kanonenladungen". I think it's more of a signal cannon and not made to shoot heavy projectiles.

I never thought about launching tennis balls. Hmmmm…….

My wife bought used tennis balls for our dogs on eBay (I've also bought used golf balls there for my mortar) and you might be able to find them for free at the tennis court. If you have to buy them the "dog toy" tennis balls are cheaper but nowhere near as durable. If you need weight they can be filled with plaster of paris. Consider them expendable as you'll never be able to find them after the shot. Do not shoot them at a solid vertical backstop, you do not want to get hit by a rebounding tennis ball. An advantage of tennis balls is they are light and don't need much of a charge to achieve impressive results. In short they provide a lot of fun for a low cost and possibly will do less damage to anything they hit.

Last edited:
Back