• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Parts haul from the flea market

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tom in nc

45 Cal.
Reaction score
IMG_20240919_113411659_HDR.jpg

I bought this lot of parts at the flea market today. The pair of locks shown will complete the double barreled shotgun I have.
IMG_20240919_113247234_HDR.jpg

Included are some complete locks, some missing springs, and a bunch of parts.
Also included are several flints. Will be posting more pics as I sort thru it

Attachments

• IMG_20240919_113247234_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240919_113247234_HDR.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
That's a good haul! I'm always on the lookout for good back action locks.
Yeah, buying a box of assorted parts, I was surprised to find as many back action locks, eight singles and three pairs, including the ones for my shotgun, and eight other locks, or parts thereof.

Checking out my locks and lock parts I have these...
A pair of A Greener back action
2, not alike, Joseph Gloucher regular, RH,
One Manton, b.a., RH
One J Manton & Co, regular RH
A pair of Meteor, Belgium, b.a.
A pair of W. Richards, b.a.
1 Russell Arms Co, complete LH and a bare RH plate
One unknown regular pair,
And one unknown b.a. RH, and an unknown b.a. LH, these two not alike.

I've had pretty good luck at this flea market. In the past I found a deal in a T/C Hawken in ,45 caliber, an old original .40 caliber (I think) rifle (probably a wallhanger, don't know yet), and a 12 ga double muzzleloader. I paid $15 each for the .40 and the shotgun. Also bought an unopened .45 caliber halfstock percussion rifle kit for $60 (I think). Plus several air guns over the years.
The $15 dollar double barrel will get two of the locks I got today.

Back