• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Patch Box?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey :)

I’ve got a Kibler’s Woodsrunner on order and it comes with a sliding wooden patch box.

I’m super curious as to what you guys are storing in yours? Historically, what did they put in there?

Thanks gang!!

EVERYTHING is in my bag. At one match years ago I had misplaced my capper so I put caps in the patch box and opened it to retrieve a cap at the line. Other than that I don’t use them for anything.

Put whatever you want in it. Me? The only thing in mine is a vent pick. All the other foofaraw is in my shot pouch.
I don't know because I've never had a patchbox with a wooden cover. Mine are all brass. But I have been told that sometimes the wooden ones swell in damp conditions and can be difficult to open.

Back