• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Patriot pistol

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Did TC make diferent grades of the Patriot pistol or models some look a little diferent than others. just the looks of the hardware i guess...

Did TC make diferent grades of the Patriot pistol or models some look a little diferent than others. just the looks of the hardware i guess...
Maybe post some photographs. There were a lot of guns that came out of TC’s Custom Shop, aka TC’s Fox Ridge Custom Shop among other variations of the name.

Last edited:
Screenshot_20240711_220415_Firefox.jpg
Screenshot_20240711_220528_Firefox.jpg

I'm told finding one in .36 caliber is harder than chicken lips ! I also understand that they tend to break through the wrist while loading in a pistol stand unless reinforced up through the grip to the tang.

Last edited:
I'm told finding one in .36 caliber is harder than chicken lips ! I also understand that they tend to brake through the wrist while loading in a pistol stand unless reinforced up through the grip to the tang.
oh I wonder if there is a recomended loading stand for one?

I use a loading stand for all single shot pistols an so went ahead and drilled a hole up through the grip under the cap and glass bedded a 5/16s hardwood dowl pin in to reinforce the area. My Patriot is in the more common .45 cal with the brass forend.
I've never heard of a specialty loading stand made for them but there could be.

I recommend no loading stand.
T/C quit making the Patriot because of the large number of broken stocks from loading in a stand.
T/C made a very nice walnut loading stand for the Patriot in kit form but these are rare today.

Do any of you drill a whole through the wrists of your guns to strengthen them? If so, how did you do it and what did you use to make it stronger?

Do any of you drill a whole through the wrists of your guns to strengthen them? If so, how did you do it and what did you use to make it stronger?
I did to my Patriot. I'm trying to remember now but I think I used a piece of 5/16s all-thread instead of the dowl I mentioned earlier.. I removed the butt cap and bored a hole with a spade bit clear up through the grip to under the tang and then glass bedded the length of all-thread into it.
I've done the same to other pistol grips that had a weak grain run in them and none have ever failed so modified.

I recommend no loading stand.
T/C quit making the Patriot because of the large number of broken stocks from loading in a stand.
T/C made a very nice walnut loading stand for the Patriot in kit form but these are rare today.
I think the stand is by far the safest way to load a single shot pistol or revolver as it rigidly maintains the muzzle in a safe direction that hand loading does not.

Back