• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Patriotic Horn

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amikee

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello

Here below is the first horn I have ever put my hands/tools on. Horn itself was ordered from TOW as well as french tip (very comfortable to use btw). "Scrimshaw" done with my ebay dremel engraving tool. It's my name, name of my original country, American flag (early version) with pledge of allegiance, fleur de lis, a deer, and some maple leaves, emblem of Connecticut, some of my weapons and other decor. I still need to work on my name and staining. Horn strap was made by myself to match my centermark gear I have posted before in here. Thank you all for comments.

7-1.jpg

1-2.jpg

6-1.jpg

4-1.jpg

3-2.jpg

2-1.jpg

1-1.jpg

Nice work! I hope to have a "patroitic" horn soon to gift a friend. I made a horn for a friend who retired from special forces and I sent the horn I made him out to have it schrimshawed with maps of Nam, and the two Sandoxes he served in on it. I have been waiting three months for the schrimshaw to get done.I was talking to Stumbling Wolf last week and he said it would take him another week. I often have to wait for his work but it is usually worth the wait. :idunno: :idunno: :idunno:

It was Dremel engraving tool off of eBay. Total cost with s&h= $20.00. great tool. Works on everything, glass, metal, wood, bone, etc

This project took me only a couple of hours so far, but I'm planning to do more work on it as it misses shadows, curvature, stains and such. Maybe it's not the greatest design but it's good enough for me. I like it.

ohio ramrod said:
Nice work! I hope to have a "patroitic" horn soon to gift a friend. I made a horn for a friend who retired from special forces and I sent the horn I made him out to have it schrimshawed with maps of Nam, and the two Sandoxes he served in on it. I have been waiting three months for the schrimshaw to get done.I was talking to Stumbling Wolf last week and he said it would take him another week. I often have to wait for his work but it is usually worth the wait. :idunno: :idunno: :idunno:

Matt's work is definitely worth the wait, Please share Pict with us when you get it.
BTW Amikee, Nice work yourself there! :thumbsup:

:bow: gracias señor :grin: I figured a simple heart will be too simple. Forgot to say, below the "Pledge" are the most important dates of the US from discovery till twin towers including little big horn, Alamo, civil war, French Indian, and many other.
Thank you kindy Mr. Brines. Opinion from someone such as yourself (not thinking less of anybody else here) is a great compliment and it does feel good :)

Thank you again

Lone hunter, I already have had five horns that I made schrimshawed by Matt.All well worth the time it took. One for myself, one for the grandson, and three for my nephew's boys. I will post pictures when I get it on a seperate post. I don't want to "highjack" this post any more than I already have! :idunno:

Latest posts

Back