• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pedersoli 12 gauge

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dragnetbill

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Well, I'm not sure wether I've taken her into foster care or wether this will be a full blown adoption, but she walked into our Thanksgiving weekend show on the last day and I could'nt resist.
Date code indicates born in 1977. She seems to be one of Pedersoli's lighter versions. I could find no marks as to choke, but, I believe they are Imp. Cly. and Modified.
I see no evidence that she has ever been fired. She was dry with some freckles and storage/handling dings.
I'm not sure I will shoot her, but, I decided to look up the Pedersoli load data and discovered that they now require you identify yourself and give up personal data to get to the load charts..........I'm not in the mood for that these days. 20211130_133034.jpg

Well, I'm not sure wether I've taken her into foster care or wether this will be a full blown adoption, but she walked into our Thanksgiving weekend show on the last day and I could'nt resist.
Date code indicates born in 1977. She seems to be one of Pedersoli's lighter versions. I could find no marks as to choke, but, I believe they are Imp. Cly. and Modified.
I see no evidence that she has ever been fired. She was dry with some freckles and storage/handling dings.
I'm not sure I will shoot her, but, I decided to look up the Pedersoli load data and discovered that they now require you identify yourself and give up personal data to get to the load charts..........I'm not in the mood for that these days.View attachment 108574
I have the newer version with chrome lined barrels, and same chokes. I love mine and I am pretty sure SDSmlf will give you some great advice. And/or if you like, I can post some of my favorite loads. Heck, I even shoot #3 buck and 00 buck loads, successfully, from mine.

Thanks guys. I think she has chromed bores too. I'm in no hurry to divest of her, but, I'm not sure when I'd get around to shooting her. I don't have any excuses because I have some shot and wads that I got in the past year from a fellow afflicteds estate. Pray for me; maybe I'll try for some Ruffed Grouse with her.

I'm not sure I will shoot her, but, I decided to look up the Pedersoli load data and discovered that they now require you identify yourself and give up personal data to get to the load charts..........I'm not in the mood for that these days.View attachment 108574
No need to involve Pedersoli in getting load data. Too many other sources with more experience elsewhere. Black powder shotgun loading is much simpler and forgiving than with modern smokeless loads. You don’t even have to know exactly how much powder or shot you are using as long as you are not way in excess of a normal range.
the most important thing is to be sure all wads are firmly seated and are of the proper diameter.
Equal volumes of shot and powder is a good place to start. Sometimes bumping up the shot part only works better.

I'm not sure I will shoot her, but, I decided to look up the Pedersoli load data and discovered that they now require you identify yourself and give up personal data to get to the load charts..........I'm not in the mood for that these days.
You don't really need to get the data from Pedersoli. Here on the Forum we have in the General Information Forum, a set of threads containing Useful Information and Tables. Lo and behold there's a suggested listing of Shotgun loads from GOEX.
Smoothbore Loads | The Muzzleloading Forum

This doesn't include all potential loads for a lot of smoothbore applications, but it is a starting set of guidelines. For instance, if you want a lighter load for the 12 gauge, look at the loadings for the 14 or 16 gauge suggestions. Use the appropriate shot sizes for the game you are hunting.

My intention in mentioning Pedersoli load data was just to impart to others the fact that just clicking on and receiving are apparently over. You sometimes will find interesting information in what the company recommends for loads; for instance, I have a Frontier in .36 and their data calls for a .354 round ball and .010 patch.
I appreciate the wealth of knowledge of the members here and I'm confident that I can trust their advise for some loads.
I gave her a coat of treewax last night; she perked right up.
Thanks to all who have chimed in. I'll let you guys know when/if launch some shot.

My handy dandy little measuring device throws about 70 grains of powder and 7/8 ounce of shot. I use a 3/8 felt wad over the powder and over the shot just to keep it simple. The felt wads are soaked in olive oil but not saturated, just enough for easy loading.

I love my Pedersoli. My load is 75 grains Goex, nitro (thick cardboard colored card), 1/2 waxed paper fiber wad, 1 ounce shot, over shot (shiny white paper) card. This patterns more evenly than my modern shotgun.

Back