• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pedersoli 20ga - Dream Shotgun

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Christiaan

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I have enjoyed my 10ga Pedersoli shotgun for a few years.
thebag.jpg

Even used the 10Ga on doves.
CopyofIMG_0329.jpg

At IWA 2008 I asked Mr. Pierangelo Pedersoli to build me a special 20ga. I have never owned a special gun.
My request was for;
* Beautiful wood
* Rounded hammers
* Browned barrels

He asked me about engraving. I said I really like engraving but probably can not afford the superb Italian engraving. The best master engravers come from Brescia, Italy.

Well, I received my dream 20ga. The stock is beautiful and it has clean Classical Lines.
IMG_0466.jpg

I was very surprised to see superb elegant scroll engraving by Master engraver Renalto Sanzogni on the side plates and rounded hammers.
IMG_0467.jpg

The standard casted engraving on the tang are touched up and shaded by hand engraving. There is some silver wire inlay. I was so impressed by the unexpected custom touches.
IMG_0468.jpg

Then when I looked at the top of the rib. I was even more surprised and impressed. Mr. Pierangelo Pedersoli had my name edged in gold.
IMG_0469.jpg

Needless to say this humble boy from Africa was over the moon with my 20Ga dream shotgun. I can not thank Mr. Pedersoli enough for making one of my dreams come true. To me this is more than just a shooter. It makes my heart warm inside every time I look and shoulder this beauty.

I hope you enjoy the photos and my story as well.

Absolutely gorgeous shotgun, congratulations! :thumbsup:

Thanks for sharing the pics and the story -

Spot

Any word about the company adding 20 gauge guns to its offerings? I don't need a 10 gauge, and already have a 12 gauge I like. A 20 gauge would be of interest, however. Particularly if its offered with screw in choke tubes.

Cabela's has them, although I don't think the 20 gauge is available with screw-in choke tubes.

They aren't nearly as nice as Christiaan's, either.

Spot

Nice gun. It's nice to know that there are still some large production gunmakers out there that care enough to do custom work.

Many Klatch

Dixie Gun Works has long carried the Pedersoli 20 gauge double. Not sure about the screw in chokes, though. And they are nowhere near as beautiful as Christiaan's shotgun.

Christiaan,
Now you can't EVER sell that gun. :grin: It must be passed down from generation to generation. :bow: Your name written in Gold, wow! :shocked2:
I see what you mean about the rounded hammers, that is a nice touch. The engraving is tastefull.

On another note: you won't be needing that ten gauge anymore. Rather than penning it up in the cabinet, never again seeing the light of day, you can send it to me. I promise that I will take it out to play every chance I get. :rotf: :v
volatpluvia

Wow, that shotgun is a beauty! The rounded hammers and engraving really make it stand out. Congrats!

That is one beautiful gun, thank you for sharing the pics with us, and keep us abreast of your progress in patterning and hunting with it.

Thanks for the pictures. VERY VERY NICE!!
Not only a great looking SXS but well built also. :thumbsup:

volatpluvia said:
Christiaan,
Now you can't EVER sell that gun. :grin: It must be passed down from generation to generation. :bow: Your name written in Gold, wow! :shocked2:
I see what you mean about the rounded hammers, that is a nice touch. The engraving is tastefull.

On another note: you won't be needing that ten gauge anymore. Rather than penning it up in the cabinet, never again seeing the light of day, you can send it to me. I promise that I will take it out to play every chance I get. :rotf: :v
volatpluvia
:rotf: :rotf:
Thanks everyone for your kind comments. Its great to share with other people that also appreciate fine guns. My wife can't really understand why I get so excited about a piece of steel and wood. :shake: I will keep you updated on the shooting experiences of this 20ga, tg.

Volatpluvia, I have three great boys that share my love of muzzle loaders and the great outdoors.
CopyofIMG_0328.jpg

So I need to get two more of these beautiful guns for them to inherit. :hmm: The middle one, Josua (13) really likes wingshooting. He shoots with a single barrel 20Ga.
CopyofIMG_0319.jpg

Nothing gives me greater pleasure than spending time with my boys in the outdoors.

That is fantastic, the gun and story both. You mush have struck a chord with him, kudos to you and him. :v :thumbsup:

I have the Cabela's 20 ga.sxs and it is my most used firearm.
You are going to love shooting that but it is almost to nice to shoot

Christaan,
I love the pics of the great South African outdoors almost as much as the gun pics. It's so nice you and your boys can share the hunt.
I have a better idea, you keep the tenner and if I get a chance I will come over and hunt with you.
:bow: :hatsoff:
volatpluvia

volatpluvia said:
Christaan,
I love the pics of the great South African outdoors almost as much as the gun pics. It's so nice you and your boys can share the hunt.
I have a better idea, you keep the tenner and if I get a chance I will come over and hunt with you.
:bow: :hatsoff:
volatpluvia
Volatpluvia, That sounds like a really brilliant idea. You skip the big pond and me and the boys will take you bird shooting. You will be welcome to use my 10Ga. I'm glad you enjoyed the pics.
Here is one for you of Josau with a guinea fowl. Got a good story behind it.

The sun was setting and we have been walking all day. We were tired and thirsty. The group encircled our last field of the day. Josua haven't shot a guinea fowl yet. Halfway into the field a guinea fowl rose behind Josua with the sound of flapping wings. Everybody stopped and everybody looked at the bird rising against the setting sun. Josua turned around cocked and mounted his smoke pole. Well, it was a perfect shot and it was such a beautiful sight to see the smoke and the bird tumble against the orange sky. The next moment everybody cheered a young boy with the most beautiful shot of the day. As you can see he was full of smiles. :grin: Needless to say, his Dad was so proud of him.
CopyofNaboom5.jpg

We would love to share an African sunset with you.

Christaan,
That is one for the Mastercard commercial. It ends with the line: my son standing there holding his muzzleloader and a guinea foul - priceless. Perhaps you have seen the commercials?

Maybe someday it will be possible for me to visit. I have many thoughts for wandering the face of the earth for retirement, Lord Willing.
volatpluvia

You are Right - sure was priceless.

Save my email so you can contact me when you decide to come to Africa. I'm not too often here.

Back