• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pedersoli blue ridge

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bowkill

45 Cal.
Reaction score
My Pedersoli blue ridge died today. I dont think they make such a great flintlock lock. Sending it back to cabelas tommorrow. It is a shame because muzzloader season opens in 2 weeks. I have a tc hawkin cap gun with a 1-66 barrel . Guess i will use it but i was sure looking foward to using my flintlock. Guess i will just build one now, tip warned me not to buy it, but it was fun while it lasted?

I second that. Mine eats flints. Too strong frizzen spring. The hatfield I had used the same lock, the sear arm was to soft,bent. Lot of money for junk. :thumbsup: Dilly

I just got a Blue Ridge and ordered the springs from TOW. It's no big thing, I'm in CAS and used to ordering parts such as springs. I wish they had a frizzen spring, VTI wants $34 for the brand spring. ( made on a gold machine or something).

Yep, VTI charges a small fortune for parts. I ordered a couple barrel tennons and a screw for my Frontier, and the total came to ~$35! They charged around $18 for shipping, and they're parts you could probably ship with a regular stamp. Unfortunately, I needed one, and with shipping costs like that, I was definitely ordering an extra so I wouldn't have to ever again.

widget:
Unfortunately, its folks who either don't know better or, like you, need a part as soon as possible that makes some suppliers think they can vastly overcharge for their parts.

This sort of thinking has sent more than one company down the drain over the years.

Anyway bowkill.
Replacing a frizzen spring or even a mainspring is not really very difficult and a sear spring almost falls into place by itself with the help of the screw and your thumb.

Give consideration to buying a replacement spring (or two) from TOTW. :thumbsup:

I'm sorry your rifle went bust so close to the hunt!
Having dusted my Blue ridge off after several years in the safe, I need to get a replacement ramrod and as well as doing a little wood patch job. Our dry climate led to a small split below the lock along the inlet. Thankfully, it's mostly cosmetic!
phew!

Anyone know where I can get a genuine Pedersoli replacement, or better yet, a etter-made replacement for the .50 cal Blue Ridge? I'd even consider synth, or aluminum.

I got a replacement unbreakable ramrod from Log Cabin for my .45 caliber.

I also got the replacement springs from TOW. They looked pretty good, but now I need a mainspring vise.

Back