• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

pedersoli ignition

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i don;t know what my blue ridge pedersoli has, and i don't know what the difference between a patent and regular breech is. care to explain?

nocks-breechx.jpg

A picture is worth ... note the "patent" breech is part of the breech plug on the Nock, not so on the std breech.

Assuming you have a flintlock Pedersoli ... my Ped Frontier has a std chambered breech & touch hole

Davy :hatsoff:

oh, i always thought the touchhole was in line with the charge, that almost looks like what i would expect to see on a percussion...why dp they want the pan flash to travel so far to hit the main charge, pressure? .....interesting, what is the advantage to having a breech that doesn't accept the ball (im assuming that is what the patent does)?

The breechplug on my Pedersoli is like a cross between the regular one shown and the Nock. It fits into the barrel and takes the vent liner like the Nock, but has a narrow cylindrical chamber like the regular one. I had to use a drill bit and a little file to remove burrs from around all the holes on mine before I finally got consistent reliable ignition. Now it shoots like a dream.

Here is a link to the thread we had last year on the Ped Flinter ... and some of the things we discussed about the breech area ... :hatsoff:
[url] http://www.muzzleloadingforum.../201282/post/349137/hl/pedersoli+davy/#349137[/url]

Davy

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back