• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

CLOSED Pedersoli Kentucky Pistol Nose cap Screw (Part number M70TFC5822)

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert Losekamp

West Harrison, Indiana
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I cannot for the life of me locate one of these screws! Pedersoli requires me to spend $40 minimum before the order will complete. The screw size according to them is 3x7x5x8,5 whatever that means. Willing to pay $15 to the person who will sell to me or can locate one. Itll save me a lot of time and effort dovetailing and tinkering a new nosecap. Thank you so much.

I cannot for the life of me locate one of these screws! Pedersoli requires me to spend $40 minimum before the order will complete. The screw size according to them is 3x7x5x8,5 whatever that means. Willing to pay $15 to the person who will sell to me or can locate one. Itll save me a lot of time and effort dovetailing and tinkering a new nosecap. Thank you so much.
Let me give Pedersoli Australia a call on Tuesday. It's a public holiday here tomorrow. Roger Mowbray is the rep, and he's on top of his stock and ordering. But, not promising he has it - you never know. I'll let you know how I get on ...

Cheers, Pete

The screw is 3mm diameter, 7mm overall length, 5mm diameter of head and 2mm thick; what 8.5 is, is anyone's guess.
The length of the thread is 5mm or so as I had difficulty measuring it, So I’d advise getting one a bit longer.

You should be able to get a screw easily enough, try clock or instrument makers/repairers, or, a good bet, model engineer supplies.

Last edited:
The screw is 3mm diameter, 7mm overall length, 5mm diameter of head and 2mm thick; what 8.5 is, is anyone's guess.
The length of the thread is 5mm or so as I had difficulty measuring it, So I’d advise getting one a bit longer.

You should be able to get a screw easily enough, try clock or instrument makers/repairers, or, a good bet, model engineer supplies.
THANK YOU! I couldn't make any sense of that jumble of numbers and my calipers have disappeared into my workbench clutter (really need to straighten up)! I'll try to find one at McMaster or something, probably a 7mm thread so I can grind the end down to fit.

First, verify the diameter and pitch of the screw you need

Then, call VTI @ 860-435-8068

You'll speak with a guy named Mike.

According to VTI's website, their number for your screw is M70PFM5640. Yes I know this is different from Pedersoli's website.

Ask Mike to pull part number M70PFM5640, and check the thread size. I bet it will be the size you need. VTI's price is $6.93 with no minimum order.

This should be the screw, plus all my other left over parts, should you need/want anything else. I built mine in a more traditional manor so had quite a few parts left over.

IMG_0005.jpeg

IMG_0006.jpeg

I managed to find one in a small local fastener shop! I've lived here for 35 years and had no idea it was even there. No advertising or website but word of mouth helped! It's an Allen flathead but it worked with a small countersink! Thank you everybody!

Attachments

• PXL_20240701_202545302.jpg
    PXL_20240701_202545302.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
I managed to find one in a small local fastener shop! I've lived here for 35 years and had no idea it was even there. No advertising or website but word of mouth helped! It's an Allen flathead but it worked with a small countersink! Thank you everybody!
Well, there you go! Well done. I won't bother Pedersoli Australia this afternoon.:thumb:

Cheers, Pete

Back