• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

pedersoli Missouri hawken

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

douglas duncan

36 Cal.
Reaction score
I was looking at the reviews on the pedersoli Missouri hawken on cableas web site. the person submitting the review states that the barrel is made in Spain. I thought the rifles were made in Italy and used such barrels.

is this true the barrels come from Spain? contacting Pedersoli through their web site takes up to ten days for a response, if you even get one.

It would not surprise me one bit as I've seen " Made in Spain" stamped on more than a few different companys barrels.

Can´t imagine that. :shake:
I already visited the company myself. They showed me around everywhere and were very friendly! :thumbsup: I even was allowed to see some coming up models that weren´t on the market back then. :shocked2:
They make their barrels themselves. Can´t imagine why they should buy some outside.
Even the barrel proofing institute (Italian law requires proofing) is just a few hundret yards down the street. :haha:

thanks for confirming this, I can't see how the person giving the review says it was made in Spain. anyhoo I contacted flintetc.com and they say the same thing as you. that pedersoli makes their own barrels.

Last edited by a moderator:
Like everyone else stated. The barrels are made in Italy at there own plant. And as for contacting them, I sent them an email about the nipple thread size of the Rocky moutain Hawken and they responded the next day.

I tend to say that everyone can write a review - but not everyone knows what he´s talking about. :wink:
Maybe you should write Cabelas and inform them about the little mistake on their site? If it was my website I´d appreciate that.

I can imagine that the people at Pedersoli will answer as soon as possible.
As I said: very friendly! :thumbsup:
My story:
Been not far away on holiday and just purchased on of the first of their Hawkens. So we made a short trip there. A neat small village - and everyone works on guns. :haha: Beretta, IAB and many others are there.
Imagine, a tourist and his wife ring at the door... We got shown around for more than one hour (in english) and were allowed to see everything. :thumbsup: Even the new models they were working on and nobody knew about so far! :shocked2: (It was the Howdah) We got a few gifts at the end of the tour like basecaps and so too.
That´s what I call customer friendly! I can imagine that you won´t find that in every gun-making company...

Back