• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pedersoli Missouri River Hawken in .50"

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duncaninfrance

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I just checked, my last post was 10 July 2006 :doh:
I currently have Pedersoli Missouri River Hawken in .50" on order, delivery expected mid February to early March.
It is has 6 groove rifling with a twist of 1:24.

A few questions if I may.

1) Will it be able to shoot patched round ball.
2) Will it be able to shoot Lee .50 R.E.A.L. bullets
3) Is there a less expensive mould on the market that equates to the Pedersoli one;

.500" 12,68mm 450grns

1 in 24 is for heavy slugs, you wont hit the side of a barn with rb. reorder a 1 in 66.

It is my understanding that twist is for long heavy, maybe paper patched bullets. these also cause higher breach pressure and recoil and will go through nipples fast. Definitely get the 1 in 66 twist for PRB.

The 24" twist is designed for bullets and not roundballs. However strange things can happen at the range. I have a .50 flinter with a 28" twist that shot three PRB into 1.8" at 50 yds. It shot plastic wrapped bullets into 3.9" at 50 yds with the same load. Used 90 gr Swiss 3F, which is an effective hunting load.

Try it and see. You just never know.

Can't change it coz it's ordered and I don't particularly want to shoot round ball - I just wondered.
What about questions #2 & #3? :hmm: :hmm:

I have a Pedersoli with a 1:21 twist, obviously intended for long heavy bullets. It shoots Maxi Ball bullets quite well out to 60 yards (haven't gone further yet). So, it's likely that you will get decent or better results with REAL bullets.

Latest posts

Back