• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pedersoli Screw In Choke Fit Issue

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a minor gripe with my 12 ga Pedersoli. The screw in chokes have a slightly larger inside diameter than bore diameter. This leaves a small lip or shelf where the choke tube joins the bore. Not a big issue, but kind of a pain when loading, the wads catch and need to be forced through and no doubt deforms them slightly. Is this just my gun or is it an issue on other screw in choke guns?

Mine are smooth.Are you talking about the chokes that came with the gun?If so,where did you get the gun?If from Cabelas,they may exchange it.It should be smooth I would think.

I got the gun many years ago from Cherry's. The chokes came with the gun at the time. I think it is probably the Pedersoli choke tubes made a tad too big as the ones from my Mossberg 500 seem to fit properly. Thanks for the responses.

I got a Pedersoli from Cabela's. There was quiet a sharp lip where the chokes met the bore. Loading was difficult, actually bloody difficult. It may be possible to fix it with a tapered reamer, but I never did.

Don't know why I didn't check before, but I checked the inside ID of the Pedersoli tubes just at the edge that joins the bore and they mike out to .740. Checking the Mossberg tube the same spot is .736. Both seem a tad oversize for 12 ga. I was wondering if some of you with tubes that fit properly might measure yours and let's what you've got. I wonder if there might have been a batch or two of oversize Pedersoli tubes. My tool is an inexpensive Frankford Arsenal Caliper, so my numbers could be a bit relative. Thanks.

Back