• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Percussion Caps

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stored dry they will keep a long long time. I buy by the thousand and vacuum pack the extras to protect from Ohio's humidity and have never had problems even after twenty years for some that "got lost" in the back of the gun cabinet.

Thirteen years ago when I started shooting muzzleloaders I found what had to be an error in pricing at a big-box store and bought Remington caps for $.97/100 pc tin. I took all they had, which was around 30 tins. I just used them up and the last shot just as good as the first. They were stored in my gun safe that has a dehumidifier in it.

bpd303 said:
I have a collection of original caps from the 1800s and they still fire.

You know you can't just say something like that and not post pictures, right?
im_zpsda6f9309.gif

They are not all from the 1800s, the real old tins on the bottom were given to me by my grandfather who said he had them as a young man. The top ones I bought over some time in the 1960-70s.

262mpfr.jpg

Ever see one like this. Have no idea what it would fit (two piece).

10pydrp.jpg

My poor little camera doesn't take very good close-ups.

142blgp.jpg

I have had some for years that worked like new. I have some CCI small pistol primers that are 40 years old and still work fine!

Geo. T.

Back