• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Period Correct Wood

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

musketman

Passed On
Reaction score
Across the street from me there once stood three red oak trees, just hacked down less than a week ago... :boohoo:

I was feeling better today so I bundled up and went out and had a look at the aftermath from the developers massacre...

I counted 164 rings on the larger tree, the heart wood is solid and true, the scavengers picked the branches clean for firewood (they were on it like a pack of dogs on a three legged cat) and left a long 5 foot section of the main trunk detatched from the roots...

This tree sprouted in 1840, the year the mountain man era ended, The sappling turned 21 at the outbreak of the Civil War and continued growing until 2004...

The grain of the wood is tight and free of trunk rot, so there is period correct planks of wood there, free for the taking... :winking:

I'm sure I can roll it across the street... :haha: :winking:

What are you saying Musketman?

Do you mean it's not Gods plan to replace all the wooden trees with ones made of concrete and steel?
And he didn't really intend for us to replace the fall leaf carpet of the forest with pavement?
Or maybe your implying that if we can't grow it in our lifetime then we should'nt be so quick to cut it?
And I know we all believe that when we move into the homes of the deer and cougar, that they will simply move someplace else, because there are plenty of places left for them to live.
And that when all the farm land is covered and we can't grow food, that manna will fall from the sky.
And when all the streams are polluted we will simply drink rain.
And of course, the big one, that we are building a better world for our children.

Sorry, just ranting :curse:

Two guys went hunting and one of them had a heart attact and died the other guy Jo called 911 on his cel and ask the opperater what to do. The opperater said are you sure he is dead. Jo said well i don't know for sure. The opperater said well make sure he is dead.The opperater waited a minuet and heard a bang and then Jo said yes he's dead. Rocky /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Back