• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Peter Neihardt

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice Chris, as always, keep on truckin'
you gonna be the top dawg one day.

very nice job Chris I like the colour of stain you made ...fine work there for sure ...I'll take two :shocked2: they should get easier the more you make LOL

You really nailed the Lehigh architecture.... especially from the breech to the start of the comb. If this area isn't "right" the entire rifle is wrong. How did you arrive at the profile and where did the TG and BP come from? I've had a complete set of Lehigh parts sitting around for 3 yrs and still don't know if I want to attempt one. Also any details on the lock? Again....a masterful job....Fred

That is a great job, Chris. I have handled a coupla original Lehighs, and like you said, they feel weird compared to a "normal" stock.

IMHO,you captured the essence of the Lehigh.
God bless

The triggerguard is the "K5" triggerguard. You can make durn near anything out of it. The buttplate is from Reeves Goehring.

"how did you arrive at the profile?"...with difficulty. Lots of figuring, studying, thinking, and worrying. I came up with the only way I could think of to make it work. The wrist is very diamond shaped. I know that it is supposed to be. It is the only way to make the wrist to comb transition when there is no "scoop" or crease at the nose of the comb. The Neihardt guns I have seen (in photos only) show no crease here whatsoever. It's very different, for sure.

Back