• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Photos of your favorite hunts

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those were some nice bucks :thumbsup: I liked the picture of the rabbits and a few quail. My dad always talks about only using 6s for rabbit back when he was a kid because you might run into a few quail so you didn't want to have too big of shot.

Because of the generation I come from, we didn't carry cameras like folks do today. You have quite a collection to remember from for years to come.
Nice pics. Thanks.

Thanks guys, I treasure every minute I have spent afield, whether I came home empty handed or not.

Good luck if you are after them!
:hatsoff: Wess

Great pics! :thumbsup:

Just two questions;

How long can you hang in that tree stand?

What's a good caliber selection for those fish?

GMB, Just curious about your pistol. I like your setup in the way of having a back-up! Is that a Lyman Plains pistol? That leather holster is awesome! Did you make it? Thanks DC :thumbsup:

I am really enjoying this thread. This is what it's all about. Hunter's in the outdoor's enjoying the hunting experiance. I think this is lost in todays fast paced commercial world. It's good to see hunters experiance the hunt for what it's truely about.

Both of these taken with my Lyman GPR .54 flintlock with 80 grains of FFg Goex, homemade moose juice lube on pillow ticking patches, and a Hornady .530 roundball. FFFFg in the pan. Both heart shots.

flintlockdoe.jpg

flintlock11.jpg

Posted these before, but they're worth reposting, I think.
1st bird with a flinter and my first in Pa.
IMG_6674.jpg

My first ML Coyote using handcalls.
IMG_6568a.jpg

Some very nice bucks...congratulations!
:hatsoff:

Seems different whitetail genetics / size the further north we go...

Yea, that's a real shame your heard is in such poor shape up there.

Poor sickly little things.

HA! Just kiddin' they are some beautiful bucks there!

Congratulations.

While I generally hunt private land, Minnesota is blessed with HUGE parcels of public lands. The Whitewater wildlife management area here in SE MN is over 40,000 acres of woods, water, and crops. Our licenses for non-residents are CHEAP at around $140 over the counter and the first gun season (you can use your muzzleloader) is 9 days and is right during the rut in early November. If you're willing to hike back into large public tracts and get away from the guys that won't go but a few hundred yards off a road, you can have a good crack at big deer. They aren't behind every tree, for sure, but for the hard-working, persistent hunter, the chances aren't bad.

Well, I guess I think of Iowa where it takes 3 or 4 years to draw and costs over $600! :idunno: Many states around here limit licenses for non-residents, etc. So a no-restrictions, over-the-counter in great whitetail deer country during prime rut for a non-resident at $140 around here is "cheap". And with millions of acres of public ground across the state....one can even use it!

Non-residents always get the shaft no matter where they go. But if you want cheap, you can buy your license here for $45.00 or you could just pay $16.00 for a 3 day license and $25.50 for a deer tag and you could get 3 or 4 tags per season, your also not limited to bucks only like most states.

I stopped hunting Maine, Vermont and N.Y because what they want for a bucks only tag for non-residents. Just makes no sense anymore when I can stay home and buy 13 tags for just about the same money and see deer.

Latest posts

Back