• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Picked up an interesting shotgun the other day

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

44-henry

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I picked this one up at Cabelas the other day. Beautiful condition with practically mint bores. It is a 14 guage by Deane Adams & Deane. Take a look.

Stock.jpg

LeftLockplate.jpg

Top.jpg

UndersideBarrels.jpg

Damascus.jpg

Triggerguard-1.jpg

Triggerguarddog.jpg

Nameplate.jpg

Ramrodfrontend.jpg

Ramrodsmallend.jpg

Ramrodscrew.jpg

Very nice! :thumbsup: Is that some kind of ornamentation on the side of the barrel, under the hammer with the creme colored dot? GW

Al,
Did it come out of the gun room? It doesn't look like something that you would find on the rack.
volatpluvia

Thankyou for the compliments. What you are seeing on the side of the barrel are platinum blowout plugs, more or less a high quality safety device. Supposedly if the pressure was too great these would vent the dangerous pressures and prevent the barrels from bursting.

All I will say about the price was that it was less than $500 and I feel like a thief. From some information that I was able to receive from another forum, this shotgun would have been manufactured in the mid 1850's and would have been a very high grade gun. Deane Adams and Deane eventually became famous for the Adams revolver, I gather that long guns such as this were a rather rare product from their company.

my gggoshhh! what a steal that was way cheaper than a nice repro! congratulations, and of course i will send you 550 plus shipping tonight and let you make profit!

Congratulations :thumbsup: You bought a fantastic gun. It seems a superb gun found a deserving home. I'm so happy for you :hatsoff:

Beautiful! :applause: A perfect early season pheasant gun with yummy barrels and even unbuggered screws - good job!

Al,
I am travelling right now. I stopped at a Cabellas in West Virginia and looked at the racks.
There was a very nice original Damascus twist twelve gauge with 24 inch barrels with back locks and hammers, cartidge. They wanted $197 for it. I had to leave real fast as my plastic began calling my name. Hee! Hee! It was in good shape to boot!
volatpluvia

Back