• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Picked up another rifle CVA Mountain Stalker

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FML said:
yes read the stamped barrel. I have a 50cal with a 1:32 and a 54 that had a 1:38

I havent found a mtn stalker with the 1:48 twist but I'd imagine they exist.
So I just dug out my rifle. Haven't seen this one in a couple years. Turns out the twist is stamped right on my barrel as you said.

1:48

I looked at mine there is no stamping that says bobcat or mountain stalker mine has a 26 inch barrel, who knows? looks like a mountain stalker synthetic and looks like a bobcat? I think this is what interests me so much about traditional muzzleloading is you are constandtly learning

I got a mountain stalker in 54 caliber with the synthetic stock and the barrel stamped 1-38" twist. They obviously made some various models. Mine had a plain trigger. If you drop down on a powder charge it will actually shoot prb's pretty good.
I used the barrel, lock, etc. and restocked- as a learning experience. Got some maple from Woodcrafters for $35 ad made all of the hardware except the trigger guard and butt plate.

I'll have to measure it but if I recall it is 15/16". It was a $69 Cabelas special.
It has a dovetail on the bottom of the barrel for the front ramrod pipe and no under rib- so ugly. When I decided to restock I at first wanted an under rib but that left the dovetail exposed. What to do?. Well I did a full stock and put a tenon in the forward dovetail. Track of the Wolf sells tiny wedges (slanted head) and wedge plates however I made by own. Came out okay (IMHO). The only hardware I bought was a sand cast trigger guard and sand cast butt plate- both about $10 each. As I said- a learning experience.

Latest posts

Back