• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pins in Receiver Stuck...Suggestions?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrisJ

32 Cal
Reaction score
I recently acquired an old EIS Replica Navy Colt .36 BP pistol that is in need of some minor smithing. I want to shave a few thousands of an inch from the barrel-end of the brass receiver to correct some stretching that's happened to it over the years, but the two steel(?) pins in the brass that align the barrel and loading ram are stuck fast. I don't know if they screw out, or are press-fit. I've been reluctant to use a lot of force for fear of marring the pins. See photo for more clarity. Is this a lost cause? It appears to be an easy fix, but I don't know for sure.
receiver-circle.jpg

You need a bigger hammer. (Just kidding).

Could you file a bit on the barrel lug to set the barrel back a few thousandths instead?

Latest posts

Back