• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pioneer pistol from Traditions!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PreglerD

58 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello from Germany,

I was able to buy a nearly new pioneer pistol for € 88/$ 105 at egun. Its cal is .45. Have anyone expirience with the pistol? What loads are used? thanks for any answers.

Kirrmeister

Hi Dirk. A friend of mine brings his Pioneer every time we go shooting. It loves 30 grains 3F Goex with a wad under the ball. It seems to like any load between 25 and 35 grains though. It's a very sweet shooting pistol. Congrats on the good deal!

Well, it is Ardessa... The barrel isn't perfect, but not bad. It could be a little rough inside. The crown is rather ok. but ask photo. Twist (1:16") is ok for target shooting. Usualy they have heavy triggers. All lock parts needs some polish. Shoot good with 1.2 -1.5g BP, patch and roundball. You can shoot with maxiball and 2g bp too - heavy load, significant recoil.

I shoot a .45 Pioneer. It likes 25g P or goex fff with .015 pillow ticking patch and .440 Lee mold balls and a felt wad. The heavy trigger pull is caused by the little u shaped spring. Judiciuos adjusting that spring by bending it together slighly resulted in a real nice trigger pull on mine. Clover leafs at 25 yards off of sandbags.

Latest posts

Back