• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

pistols for match shooting

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are really no inexpensive pistols that are ready for target work, the way Pedersoli and a few others are. (Even they get tune ups for the top notch shooters)

I had thought about putting an L&R lock and a single set trigger on a gun like the Crocket pistol, but one would still have over three hundred dollars involved. Still alot of work and about the cost of parts to build a better gun.

Yeah, that is the problem. If you like it that way, thats fine with me, but an expansive way if you are in need of a real good target pistol.

In Germany a place to look for used muzzle loaders is:

http://www.vorderlader.com/sonderposten.html.

"Ausstellungsstücke" being guns on display in shop
"Gebrauchte Waffen" being used guns

Believe you have similar and much more such shops than we in Germany.

It is a question, how much money you can and are willing to spent.

The lower end of a target pistols used are Parker of London or Napelon LePage (several manufacturers) in Germany. The cheaper version having double set triggers.

May be you have a chance to find a used target pistol of the better categoreis ind good shape to a reasonable price.

It seems that it is not wise to compare prices from us with yours. I have heard prices for Swiss powder in the US and start

:cursing:

Just opinion...
Get a custom pistol of large enough caliber to hunt with. Have it made to exactly suit your preferences. And, find the low powered target load that it likes. Become scary accurate with it. Shoot lots of matches. Fill the freezer.
After all, in days gone by all pistols were custom made, not these stamped out factory made like it or lump one size fits all and gives you same pieces of fits.
But that's just my opinion.

Latest posts

Back