• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Plans for folding chair?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cpl.Parker

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Anyone know where a fellow could find plans for this folding chair?
f_pcanvaschaim_c31a138.gif

Ok basically what you have is the standard folding stool sold at Wally World, Kmart, and other deparment/discount stores for less than 10 bucks. All you need to do is add a folding back. As someone else said thats pretty easy to do.

Carl Davis said:
pom-pom said:
i'm a big fan of a watchman's chair.
http://www.bushcraftuk.com/index.php/Skills-General/Watchmans-Chair.html

very easy to make, very simple, unlikely to break on you.

Yeah, but it's only period correct for the 1960's and later. :wink:

well, that point's debatable. i'm not a reenactor, so i think differently.

and if you're hunting, who's going to nitpick your gear? the squirrels? 'cheeble cheeble chirk' *wow, frank, get a load of that guy's kit.. what a mismash of eras!*

i brought it up because it's dead durable, tough as nails, and packs easy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually I think they go back to the 17-early1800s if I remember the details from an on-line antique shop I hit last year. Except they were listed as Antique African Birthing Chairs. :shocked2: Unfortunately I didn't down load the images and data or save the site. :redface:

But they do beat aluminum lawn chairs. :rotf: :rotf: :hatsoff:

Carl Davis said:
pom-pom said:
Carl Davis said:
pom-pom said:
i'm a big fan of a watchman's chair.
http://www.bushcraftuk.com/index.php/Skills-General/Watchmans-Chair.html

very easy to make, very simple, unlikely to break on you.

Yeah, but it's only period correct for the 1960's and later. :wink:

i'm not a reenactor, so i think differently.

No? :grin:

no.... :blah: period's great and all, but i like using those things which work best and are mightily reliable. thusly i'm camping in a cattle-era spike tent(canvas for cheapness), but plan on hunting with a rocky mountain trade era rifle this fall... carrying a civil war-era pistol for small game.

i'm all over the road, watch out!

and on the birthing chairs...

huh. neat. didn't know that was a connection.

pom-pom said:
... period's great and all, but i like using those things which work best and are mightily reliable.

Have you tried those new cartridge guns? I hear they even have forums devoted to modern firearms and equipment (as opposed to this one). :rotf:

they don't exactly fold, either.

and yes, i have tried those new fangled cartridge guns. and those glass and metal tube things they put on top. they sure are impressive, but it's also about fun.

Latest posts

Back