• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Post deleted by Claude

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Swedish cavalry percussion m.1850 cal. 14,85mm (Husqvarna)
Japanese Matchlock cal.14 mm (unknown maker)
Adams perc.revolver cal..44
Pepperbox cal.7mm AGS (Anders Gustavsson)
Pepperbox cal.7mm J.ENGh (Johan Engholm)
ARILAR :: :thumbsup:

tryin to post the pic hope it comes up this is my new smooth pistol
43.htm

Pietta 36 cal. with adjustable sights. Not doing well at 50 yds. Twist measures to be 36", to slow.

.44 Remington by Euroarms. Had to bore out the chambers so the ball was "oversized" to fit the bore. Now it is accurate!

1-Pietta 1858 Rem .44 cal(steel)
1-Same in brass
1-1851 .44 in brass by ASM
1-New Orleans Ace .44 by dear creek
1-CVA plains pistol .50

Lots more I'd like. Such as 1860 colt in .44 and a Star in .44 but a little expensive. Also want a Kentucky in .50.

By the way Zonie and Ironman, whats your opinion on the .45 Derringer? Thought about getting one but some on the forum didn't like them. If I'm going to spend the money on something I want it to have enough thump to be more than a noise maker.

Don

Hi Don
I like the Derringer. Accurace is nothing to talk about but after all it was intended for use across a card table or pointblank shooting. It is fun to shoot,makes a nice boom and lots of smoke out of that 3" barrel :thumbsup: My wife found mine at a garage sale for $10 so the price was right :haha:

IronMan

Have two black powder pistols, a .45 Kentucky cap and ball I assembled from a kit and a replica of the 1860 Army Colt .44. I shoot the .44 a lot more. Carry a flintlock rifle, so neither pistol looks right on the belt. graybeard

2 .22 cal. NAA revolvers
1 .31 cal. Pietta Remington
1 .36 cal. Uberti Griswold & Gunnison
1 .44 cal. Uberti Remington
2 .36 cal. Colt '51 Navies
2 .44 cal. Colt '60 Armies
1 .44 cal. Colt 1st model Dragoon
1 .44 cal. Colt 2nd model Dragoon
1 .44 cal. Uberti Walker
2 .44 cal. Colt Walkers
1 .62 flintlock pistol with 12" barrel, home made

Russ T Frizzen........got peestols? :cry:

Just plain Russ

Zonnie....I got a peestol!

Wanta see my peestol? I thought ya did!

I just love showing off me new peestol!

Russ

Ruger_Old_Army.jpg

RUSS B- very nice, who did the engraving? Montanadan

My daughters had it done in Colorado Srings, CO....I believe it was "Avery's"?? or "Avera's", I'm not sure, but I'm sure they would know. I'll have to ask them.

They wouldn't tell me how much the engraving cost, but they did say it was done in Colorado and took close to a year to get it back.

Russ

RUSSB- You have a very fine Ruger there, and OUTSTANDING daughters! Respectfully Montanadan.

I do love my black powder handguns. I am particularly fond
of my Walkers. I have a '60 Army that I had engraved a few years back and fitted with one piece ivory grips. Then it went to Doug Turnbull who case-hardened it and reblued it in the old fashioned charcoal bluing. He also fire blued all the screws. He does incredible work for very fair prices. I'd post photographs but I don't know how. I can download photos into the computer, but I don't know what the next step is.

Traditions Kentucky .50 cap & ball built from a kit. .50 CVA Mountain Pistol from a box of parts and a few new pieces I had to find.

Waya

WESTCOASTBPGRAMPS-Thanks for answereing my post on another forum, I ordered Tradtions Trapper,did a little lock work, a liitle trigger smoothing. Mine is a caplock and is very accurate...Thanks again..Respectfully Montanadan

Engraving does vary in cost from artist to artist, but it is surprising how reasonable the cost is. Depending on the coverage and style of engraving, most anyone can afford to have some work done on a favorite gun. And long after you have forgotten what you paid, you will still be enjoying your own one of a kind work of art. I am in awe at the craftsmanship that John Adams Sr. put into my Colt. When I take it out and look it over, each time is like the first.
I don't regret the expense or saving up the money in the slightest. Some of the finest firearms engraving ever done is being done right now. Thankfully, it isn't a lost art.

I think you are right on the money there.

There was a time, that even I recall, that engraving was a very expensive proposition. It was a supply and demand thing I think.....few people were doing it, and they got premium bucks for their time.

Nowadays, a lot of folks have turned a hobby into a profession that results in some pretty fancy engraving at somewhat reasonable prices.

Tools seem to be priced more reasonable today than they were ever before...albeit still spendy, but yet more affordable.

I do not have such talent. I have proved it to myself time and again, but that does bot stop me from liking the effects that a nice pattern adds to the gun.

Russ

1- 1851 navy colt 36 cal
1- 1860 colt 44 cal
1- colt walker dragon 3rd model
1- rem 44 cal
1- kentucky 45 cal
1- trapper 50 cal
1- pioner 45 cal
1- pepper box 36 cal
1- philidelphia derringer
:m2c:

2-51 navys(uberti),2-60 armys(uberti),2-NMA Remmies(pietta)with a lot of TIRO stuff,1-61 36 cal(uberti),1-Trapper 50cal,1-Crockett 32cal,1-Pioneer 45cal,1-Pedersoli LePage(36cal .375rb),Charles Moore 44cal(Pedersoli),2-open tops 38cal(uberti),2-51 navys(Uberti full conversions .357 barrel).All shot with goex B/P. Respectfully Montanadan..I do not have anything really fancy,but these are my favorites.

Back