• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Powder, balls and caps ???

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if any of this is any good. There is 20 lbs of powder, 20 lbs of 45 cal lead balls, number 10 and 11 caps. Maybe 50 .36 cal balls.
Also pictured are some little containers with powder and shot in them with paper in between, there are 9 of these, I assume my uncle made these up as pre loads? As I e said before I know nothing about this stuff. Any help with if it’s any good and approximate value would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_3183.jpeg
    IMG_3183.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 3
Most likely good stuff if it has been properly stored, but not something you can sell and mail. Hazmat regulations apply, plus possible local regulations (Illinois). If you want to sell it, suggest local word of mouth advertising and face to face transactions.

New pounds of powder will sell from $20-$45 per pound, depending on location and seller. Caps, $6-$18+ per tin.

Wow! If you lived within a couple of hundred miles of me I'd make you a great deal!

The last powder we bought through the local club was $25 per pound. The last tin of caps I bought was $9.99 + sales tax. That was the last tin of caps in the area as far as I know. Round balls at Grafs.com are about $16 per 100.

Back